|Listen to the Bible|
Thoughts and Commentary on Today's ReadingToday, for balance, I'd like to turn back to the reading in John. The Book of John gives the most beautiful picture of Yahshua, I think, of any of the Gospels. Oh, they're all good. And I'm thankful for every one of the Gospels, of course. But I think the Book of John is extra special. I suspect this extra special view of Messiah gained from Book of John might be due to the special love John had for Yahshua.
The Gospel of John is the Book I turn to when I need to reconnect with Yahshua - to glimpse His Face, and deepen my love with Him. One way I love to behold the Saviour in the Book of John is through the titles he uses to portray Christ. There are many different titles for Yahshua used in the book of John.
1) Yahshua is the Living Bread
- In John 6:33, it says, "For the Bread of God is He Who comes down from Heaven and gives life to the world". And then in (John 6:35) Yahshua states, "I am the Bread of Life. He who comes to Me will never go hungry, and he who believes in Me will never be thirsty." In verse 48, Yahshua simply says, "I am the Bread of Life."
- Yahshua is the Creator (John 1:3). "Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made." As we have already discussed, in this blog, the Book of John starts by calling Yahshua, God, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Remembering that Yahshua is the Word helps us to worship Him Who made Heaven and earth, the sea and the fountains of water. Thus, honoring Messiah in this title puts us in a right perspective and relationship to Him. But also, recognizing Him as the Creative Word puts us in a place to let Him speak Life into our souls as well.
- When an area is enclosed and otherwise inaccessible, we may enter beyond the walls by using the gate, similarly we enter God's Family through Yahshua (John 10:9). There is no other way into the Family of God.
- John also says that Yahshua is our Good Shepherd. "I Am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd lays down His Life for the sheep" (John 10:11). His Death on the Cross was the price paid for our Redemption. His Body was ravaged because His love for us was so great. "I am the good shepherd; I know My sheep and My sheep know Me (John 10:14).
- In (John 8:58), He tells us that He is the Great "I Am." This is one of His most powerful titles. It reminds us that there will never be anything we need, that is not found in Him. He is our All in all.
- Yahshua is the "King of Israel" (John 1:49)
- the "Lamb of God" (John 1:29)
- the "Light of the World" (John 8:12)
- the "Only Begotten Son of God" (John 1:18)
- He is called the "Son of God" (John 1:49)
- Yahshua is the "True Bread" (John 6:32)
- He is the "True Light" (John 1:9)
- Yahshua is also called the "True Vine" (John 15:1)
- He is the "Truth" (John 1:14; 14:6)
- and the "Way" (John 14:6)
- Yahshua is the "Resurrection and Life" (John 11:25)
Let's worship Him for Who He Is today - the following video is titled "HE IS" by Eric Ludy. It's about 11 minutes long and I believe it is a beautiful way to spend 11 minutes... As you worship, consider, Who is He to you?