|Listen to the Bible|
Thoughts and Commentary on Today's ReadingIn John 8:12, we find a beautiful depiction of Christ and a key to deliverance from deception:
John 8:12 "Then spake Yahshua again unto them, saying, I Am the Light of the world: he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the Light of Life."In Scripture, Light Symbolizes Truth
Psalm 119:105 “Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.”
But not everyone loves the Light of Truth:
John 3:19-21 “And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.”
But God wants us to love the Light and seek more of it. In fact, our level of enlightenment Light should increase continually. Never are we to be satisfied to remain at our current level of enlightenment:
Proverbs 4:18 “But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.”
In the End, Yahweh will flood the Earth with heavenly Light. It will be shining into every sin-darkened corner.
How Does Our Light Increase?Revelation 18:1 “And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.”
God shines Light upon everyone's path. What we do with that Light is critically important. If we reject it, the light we had before will dim and eventually go out. But, if we accept it and walk in it, our level of Light will increase. But we aren't to treat Light so casually as to just let it happen to us if its going to. We are actually supposed to go out and actively seek greater giftings of Light.2 Timothy 2:15 “Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”
Bearing this in mind, there are ten things we may do to brighten the Light with which we are blessed:
1. Turn away from beholding darkness - Acts 26:18
2. Expose hidden darkness to the light - 1 Corinthians 4:5
3. Look unto Yahweh's Light - Psalm 89:15
4. Repent for all sin and hate - 1 John 2:9, 11
5. Read and memorize the Word of Yahweh - Psalm 119:105
6. Daily pray to be sited up in the Armor of Light - Romans 13:12
7. Have set times of fasting and giving - Isaiah 58:6-8.
8. Have a single eye (don't have "eyes" for the world) - Matthew 6:22-23
9. Show compassion with good works - 1 John 3:17, Isaiah 58:10.
10. Fellowship with like-minded believers - 1 John 1:7