Friday, February 24, 2017

Daily BIble Reading - February 24, 2017

Today's Reading:

Matthew 5:21-48

Exodus 30-32

Proverbs 14

Listen to the Bible

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thoughts and Commentary on Today's Reading:

In Exodus, we read about the Wilderness Tabernacle construction - specifically the Altar of Burnt Offering and the Laver. To let this picture come alive, I thought it would be fun to share a video link of an excellent computer animation walk-through. It kind of brings the Sanctuary to life and certainly makes the Bible account very clear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWzOBfiEqeE

Let's take a moment to experience God and learn more of His Ways, in His Sanctuary...

Psalm 77:11-13 “I will remember the Works of the LORD: surely I will remember thy wonders of old.  I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings. Thy WAY, O God, is in the Sanctuary. Who is so great a God as our God?” 

COURT YARD: What is the spiritual lesson of the White Linen Wall?

Revelation 19:7-9 “Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to Him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and His wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.  And He saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. And He saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.”

The white linen wall represented consecration, coming apart from the world, and entering into a holy relationship with the Living God. This process of coming apart from the world is a separating from it. We enter into a Covenant Relationship with God and are clothed in His Righteousness.


The white linen wall represents putting on the Righteousness of Christ Yahshua and being clothed with His Righteousness as you become a new person.

·         Ephesians 4:22-24 “That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;  And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

What is the spiritual lesson of the Sanctuary Door?

John 10:7-10 “Then said Yahshua unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I Am the Door of the sheep. All that ever came before Me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. I Am the Door: by Me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I Am come that they might have Life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”

The Sanctuary Door represents Yahshua (Jesus Christ). He is the Way to Salvation. We enter into life only through Him (John 14:6). This is why the Sanctuary only had one door. 

Entering into the Sanctuary Door, in our experience, is accepting the calling to become a king and priest to the glory of God (Revelation 5:9-10).


Entering into the Sanctuary Door, goes against our natural “grain.” Most choose the broad way. The Door to Life is less-traveled and unpopular. It is the "Narrow Way" to Life (Matthew 7:13-14).

COURT YARD: What is the spiritual lesson of the Altar of Burnt Sacrifice?

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me.” 

The altar of Burnt Sacrifice represents the Saviour’s Death on the Cross. It was His Death which took my place, atoning for my sin (Genesis 22:8, John 1:29).

The altar of Burnt Sacrifice represents the healing I find in Calvary. Because Yahshua (Jesus Christ) died on the Cross for my sins, bearing my griefs and carrying my sorrows, I am healed (Isaiah 53:4-5).

The altar of Burnt Sacrifice not only signifies my Saviour’s Death, it also represents mine. As I view Calvary, I see what my sins cost my Saviour. This perspective is my motivation for hating sin and desiring to live thankful (Romans 12:1-2).

COURT YARD: What is the spiritual lesson of the Laver?

Galatians 2:20 “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me.”

The laver represents the burial of our old “man of sin.” This means that I am freed from bondage to sin (Romans 6:3-6). 

It is only when we’ve spiritually experienced the Altar of Burnt Sacrifice and the Laver, having been washed and made clean, that our worship is pleasing in God’s Sight (Isaiah 1:13-16). 

The Laver not only represents burial to the old man, it also represents the resurrection of the new man. Not I, but Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17).

In another blog, perhaps we will have opportunity to go into the Holy Place. But, for today, this is long enough... Let's prayerfully strive to partake of all the lessons of the Courtyard.


No comments:

Post a Comment