Thursday, September 21, 2017

Daily Bible Reading - September 21, 2017

Today's Reading:

John 21

2 Chronicles 33

Psalm 89

Listen to the Bible

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thoughts and Commentary on Today's Reading   

Today, I would just like to focus on praising Yahweh. Praise is the Place where Yahweh is Enthroned. Praising Him transports us instantly into the very Presence of the Almighty. Psalm 89 begins with one of my favorite praise passages:
"I will sing of the mercies of Yahweh for ever: with my mouth will I make known Thy faithfulness to all generations."
What has Yahweh done for you?  I'd like you to think about it, and then bless us all by sharing some of your personal testimony in the Comments at the end of this blog.

I'll start us off with making known the mercies of Yahweh and declaring His faithfulness in my life.  

The most dramatic mercy of Yahweh in my life was shown 1) at Calvary and 2) in the story recorded in my book, Escaping from the Dragon's Jaws.

Remembering the insidious attack of the enemy on my life makes me grateful to my Heavenly king. For the devil sent a woman, who was a high (low) witch, to feign Christianity, become my prayer partner, and infiltrate herself into my life and family deeply enough to become my best friend. 

Her influence was dangerous - deadly. And my life quickly left the realm of the "normal" and became increasingly paranormal. Science-fiction like things became commonplace. And yet, I was deeply deceived by this time. I was losing my soul.

Over a couple of years of continually planting seeds in my mind of ideas which were of witchcraft, but which were always couched in Scripture (twisted Scripture), making them appear right, this woman was used of Satan to remove me from the path of Scriptural truth and to nearly break up my marriage and destroy my family and ministry.

But God interposed. He stepped in and grabbed me as I was falling off the cliff and into a dark abyss from which I would never have seen the light again! He pulled me back, when I was too foolish and deceived to cry out to Him to do so. He saved me, when I didn't even realize that I needed saving.

But now, looking back on my story and experience, I can join with Psalmist to say, "Yeah, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death..." I have experienced the saving power of my Heavenly Shepherd's Rod. He reached down and pulled me up from the brambles of hell which were choking the life out of me. He carried me. He redeemed me! Yes:
"I will sing of the mercies of Yahweh for ever: with my mouth will I make known Thy faithfulness to all generations." 
Now, won't you encourage us with your testimony? What has Yahweh done to demonstrate His mercies to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment