Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Daily Bible Reading - February 13, 2018

Today's Reading:

Hebrews 9:23-10:18

Exodus 9:1-10:29

Proverbs 3

Listen to the Bible

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thoughts and Commentary on Today's Reading:

Wisdom may be the single greatest Gift we can ask of God. When God appeared to Solomon, at the start of his reign, He offered Solomon one gift - anything. Can you imagine?! Solomon could have asked for long life, wealth, fame, anything...  Yet, instead of requesting any of these commonly sought-after thingsSolomon asked for the greatest Gift of all: wisdom. 

Wisdom is not intelligence. Satan is intelligent, but he doesn't have wisdom. Wisdom only comes under the unction of the Holy Spirit in the life. Wisdom goes counter to our natural inclinations. Wisdom is: "seeing and responding to life's situations from God's Frame of Reference" (http://atii.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/characterqualities.pdf).  

In the book of Psalms, we find the Heart of God, through the eyes of David, the man after God's own Heart. In the Proverbs, we find the quintessential "Dear Abby" column. It is the Book of Wisdom. 

So, today, let's try something a bit different. I invite you to look through Proverbs 3 and pick out the verse which gives a point of wisdom, which you find most meaningful. For me, my most meaningful and needed byte of wisdom from Proverbs chapter 3 is found in verse 5:

 
I often find myself tempted to lean on my own understanding. It is so easy to do. But I do want to always trust in Yahweh with all my heart, and not lean on my own understanding. In all my ways, I choose to acknowledge Him, and I am thankful that He has promised to direct my paths. That's my stand-out bit of wisdom from this chapter. What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment